Would you like to make a difference? It’s easy and affordable with our Renewable Energy Program.
You can contribute to a cleaner environment and sustainable energy future by investing a few dollars every month in our Renewable Energy Program. It doesn’t require new equipment, any changes in how you use or receive energy, or any long-term commitments. What could be simpler? Best of all, by supporting renewable energy, you can help ensure a good quality of life for your family and your community for generations to come. Every dollar you invest in renewable energy is used to foster the growth of renewable resources.
Why renewable energy?
- It’s clean. The more energy we use from renewable resources, the less we will need to rely on fossil-fuel based energy. We can reduce carbon dioxide emissions — which contribute to climate change — and keep the air that we breathe cleaner.
- It’s secure. Renewable energy is in use all over the country and has proven reliable. And because it’s produced from resources that are available here at home, renewable energy can increase our energy independence.
- It’s sustainable. Renewable energy sources such as wind, water, biogas and solar can never be depleted. That’s simply not true of conventional generation sources such as coal, oil and natural gas. If we want to ensure an unlimited supply of energy resources for future generations, renewable energy is the way to go.
Where does our renewable energy come from?
Through our membership in WPPI Energy, a regional power company serving Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Iowa, we have access to energy from the following renewable resources:
- Wind. Wind energy, the fastest growing source of renewable energy, comes from wind turbines and is 100 percent emission-free.
- Biogas. Landfill gas is converted into electricity, significantly reducing methane (a greenhouse gas) and lessening air pollution.
- Solar. Energy from the sun is converted into electrical energy without producing any emissions.
Our Renewable Energy Program is Green-e Energy certified. Green-e Energy was established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions to provide information and an objective standard for consumers to compare renewable energy options, and to verify that consumers get what they pay for.
For more information, call (888) 63-GREEN or visit www.green-e.org or contact our WPPI Energy representative, Beth Carlson, at (608) 834-4500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Green Power Calculator and learn how the purchase of blocks of renewable energy is equivalent to tons of aluminum recycled, tons of newspaper recycled, tons of glass recycled, barrels of oil not used, tons of coal not used, acres of forest planted and months of not driving a car.
Stand up and be counted. Future generations will thank you.
Our Renewable Energy Program makes it easy to invest in a secure energy future and a cleaner environment. You can participate at whatever level you’d like, change your participation level at any time, or withdraw from the program with no cancellation fee. .
Three dollars per block is all it takes
To get started, just select the number of blocks of renewable energy you wish to purchase. You pay just $3.00 additional per month for each block of renewable energy, the equivalent of 300 kilowatt-hours (kWh). For example, if you sign up for two blocks, an additional renewable charge of $6.00 will appear on your monthly bill. Participation is optional; buy as much or as little as you’d like.
Even a modest purchase has a big impact. Purchasing just two blocks of renewable energy per month, for an entire year, is like offsetting 100 percent of your car’s emissions.
Sign up today
To participate, simply download and complete the RESPONSE FORM, fold the sheet into thirds and mail it, postage-paid.
If you have any questions, please contact our WPPI Energy representative, Beth Carlson, at (608) 834-4500 or via email at email@example.com.